VCore & system crashes

Status
Not open for further replies.

codecks

Hello,

Since a few months now, I'm having a lot of system crashes (bsod's with always the same errors, see following thread: https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic67966.html

My system config is: Pentium 4 3.2g (Prescott 540) - Mobo: Asus P5AD2 Premium. I'm not overclocking, memory has been tested, psu changed, standard bios settings, reinstalled windows,... tested alot of things, still having the system crashes.

Untill...

I found out now that by setting the VCore 0.05V higher the system is more stable. I had at least 2 crashes a day, no single crash since the VCore raise. It's now on 1.475 in bios instead of 1.425. Also, Asus PC Probe shows me a Vcore Value of 1.52, this value fluctuates as I put load on the pc. CPU-BurnIn for example. Going from 1.48 to 1.528.

Questions:
1. Is it possible that by raising the VCore on a non overclocked system the system is more stable ? Does it mean something ?
2. Is it normal that the VCore reported by Asus PC Probe & Everest is higher than the setting in the bios.
3. Are the fluctuation of vcore normal ?
4. Is the cpu temp getting higher as I raise Vcore ? If so, how does it affect the temp ? By raising 0.05 is the temp going to jump in the air ?

Grtz,

Codecks

Vcore typicly droops at load, it's called Vdroop. Asus is known for this. Many mobos set Vcore a little hige to compansate. If it's not stabe at stock there is a problem with the CPU or motherboard. If you rase Vcore watch the temps, keep them below 68c at load. I'd contact Intel, they may be able to RMA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back