Verifying DMI pool data.... then it does nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi folks,

I am wondering if your collective smarts can help me - I'm wondering if I have a dead SATA controller on my gigabyte ga-x38-dq6 motherboard.

Basically, if I plug in any harddrive (none of them are formatted/have any data on them, because I can't get to the point where install begins) then the computer just hangs... it sits there at the "Verifying DMI pool data" stage.

If I just plug in my Sata dvd drive, then it's fine - although of course there is no hard drive connected to install anything onto. :(

I have tried messing around in the bios, changing the sata settings from AHCI, to RAID to legacy/IDE - no change in this behavior.

The BIOS indicates the hard drive and dvd drive are detected just fine, but the hang still occurs.

Here are my specs:
gigabyte ga-x38-dq6 motherboard
LG sata dvd drive
2xWesterd Digital 1TB GreenPower HD
1xSamsung 1TB hard drive
(same problem no matter which one of the 3 above HD's are plugged in).
2gb corsair ram.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I could try?

please help. :)

Try changing the boot order to CDrom first also You need a floppy with the drivers for your SATA controller. When you start the Windows setup press F6 so it asks for disk controller drivers also some bios have a weird thing where u have to disable raid for it to detect SATA drives without installing drivers even though they show up in the bios.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back