Vertical coloured lines

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope someone here will be able to help, or at least tell me what the problem is.

I'm using an Acer monitor (AL1916W). It's about two months old, give or take a week, bought new. It was working fine until this morning, when the screen occasionally flickered before fading into single and multi-pixel vertical coloured lines. I don't have a picture, but the coloured lines are the same colours as my desktop wallpaper (greens and browns, mostly) and fill the screen.

I turned the monitor off and turned it on again. The display was fine for about ten seconds before it faded into the vertical lines again. Changed resolution and refresh rate - same thing. Restart - same thing. Changed cables - same thing.

Everything else works fine - I'm using the computer to listen to some music at the moment, with the monitor off. I tested a game and a few other programs and they worked fine, with the exception of the display.

Specs: Athlon 64 3200+, ABIT AV-8, Radeon 9550 128MB, 1GB RAM. Most of the parts are between 1-2 months old.

If it isn't already painfully obvious, I'm not that great with computers :eek:

hi, does the vertical line always stays there and it doesnt disappear no matter how many pictures do you choose? if its true, maybe the only way to remove this line is to check and use the ATI catalyst software. (sometimes the trouble come when its there and vice-versa)
btw if you find a same vertical line in other monitor under same pc, its definitely the ati9550 problem and the problem come similar to me using M9700.

try the monitor with another computer, to make sure it is the monitor. also that video card, if new is old and not by no means a good one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back