Vertical purple stripes on computer screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minime88

Hi.

I have a problem with my computer screen. I have these what appears to be purple bars running vertically across my screen, 5 of them in total and about 4cm apart. When I run a graphical program/game the graphics are all f*cked up and it's really annoying. Have you any clue on what this might be?

I have a Radeon 9700 Pro if that helps.

Thanks

Try removing the Radeon 9700 drivers and then reinstall them. You might want to check ATI's site and see if there are updated drivers available for your card

I would say it could be a varity of things.

1. As mentioned it could be a driver issue.

2. Your card might have alot of dust near the actual slot, so I would reseat the card and blow out any excessive dust.

3. Check to make sure the monitor cable is fully secrued in the VGA port.

Those are the easy remedies. here are a few that are a bit more severe.
1. Your video card could be dying. When Video cards die they often go with "artifacting" which could prove to be bad Video Ram. Eventually they will die out completely.

2. Your monitor may be having issues. I would try another one if you can to determine if it is you monitor or the card itself.

Best of luck

Sean

right click your desktop/setting tab/advanced/adapter/properties/driver/uninstall driver.....but as mentioned above I would try another monitor before anything else because if it's an older monitor (crt-the bulky ones) then it could be bad

best of luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back