Very Annoying Vertical Bars on My Screen (Keeps Recurring) Please See Screen Shot

Status
Not open for further replies.

stallions

Hi,

I have this really annoying problem and I'm about to conclude that it's time to buy a new video card but I'm hoping there is another way to fix this.

Please Look Here: http://www.geocities.com/lorenzopelswijk/verticalbars.html

Those lines keep coming up every once and a while. Whenever they appear, the only way to remove them is to shut down my PC, wait for a couple minutes and then start it again.

Sometimes this happens after a couple of hours of running my PC, and sometimes it takes days. It's not stable at all.

I've scanned my PC for viruses and errors but nothing seems to fix the problem. I've updated to the latest ATI Radeon drivers with no luck. Also someone posted that he has this problem and tried to format his PC but still the same.

I have an ATI Radeon 9800 Pro (updgraded it to Pro long time ago by changing the BIOS).

If there is anyway I can fix this without replacing the card I would love to know how.

Thnaks in advance.

Yes, typical symptoms of video card issues. In addition to the card just being bad, it could also be cause by overclocking and/or overheating. Could be the result of your BIOS hack too..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back