Very Critical Mistake!!! Please Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrostX

I have an AMD Athlon-64 processor, when I was cleaning up my computer I twisted some Pins of the processor, what can I do if they broke? is there a way to fix them?

Hi FrostX,
If you bent the pins you may be able to straighten them by very slowly bending them back into position.
If you broke the pins you have a major problem.
I do not think there is any way to repair that problem.
I hope things work out for the best.
RickM

yup rickm is right, broken pins = new processor needed
bent = slight chance of workin + probably will snap about 1 of out 3, this is why i got my new computer not so long ago as i was installin a thermaltake fan and my cpu poped out and wen putting back in bend a few then broke them :(

In CPUs there is either not broke or broke, there is no middle ground. You'd be wasting your time installing a CPU without all the pins. Buy a new one and learn from the expierence.

lmao ^^ ray = many correct =] get a new cpu, (unless u mean they are bent then try to SLOWLY! bend them back but i'd give a 1 out of 3 possibility of them breakin like i sed before i had the exact same problem luckily it was on a 2.4 celeron xD! lmfao! )

:_(. I don't understand, all the pins are back to normal but still the computer won't start...what can I do..?

Iam sure it is the CPU not working, I checked everyting else.

just bend the pins back slowly with needle nose pliars if a pin broke i would still try installing it becuase on a old p3 system i had a pin broken on the processor and it still worked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back