Very low cpu speed

Status
Not open for further replies.

harrisdurrani

Hello Folks!!!

I have a slight problem. When i run 3Dmark 2003 everything is ok but my CPU speed is VERY less as compared to others. My graphics and everything are fine but the cpu tests are horrible.. I compared my cpu speed with a friend. He and I have exactly the same specs but my CPU marks were 158 compared to his 882. CPU (fps) TEST 1- i got 22 and he got 152. CPU (fps) TEST 2- i got 2.2 and he got 15.
We both have the Same Computers. Same processor, same ram, same motherboards, same video cards..

I have updated all my drivers, nForce chipset drivers and display drivers

Amd Athlon XP 64 3200+ 2210 Mhz
A400 TDH Geforce 6800 128 mb
Msi K8N neo Platinum (ms- 7030)
768 Mb SDRAM

Could it be a voltage problem because i am using 350 W and i may need more than 400 W??
Does any one have a solution to this problem, please help... how can i increase my Cpu speed...which is Extremely low as shown by 3Dmark 2003

Thanks alot

cool and quiet disabled !!

actually the speed shown on 3d mark 2003 was 2210 Mhz but i still checked the bios to see if cool and quiet was enabled but it was not..
it says disabled... anything else that i might try ??

Thanks alot for the reply

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

The fact that you and your friend have the same specs, makes me think that, as you`ve already mentioned, your psu might not be upto the job.

Another possible cause could be, you have some programme/s running in the background, that are slowing your system down. Try disabling any programmes including you anti virus, but not your firewall. See if that helps.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

wierd

i dont have any programs running besides the usual stuff like the norton antivirus... i run and update spybot every now and than to keep the spyware away... but it could be the CPU itself which might not be working that well
anyways heres the link where you'll find all the specs. Also before i run 3Dmark 2003 i check my CPU usage in the task manager and its always around 3 or 4 percent which means that i dont have any programs that i think would slow down my PC

http://service.futuremark.com/servlet/Index?pageid=/orb/projectdetails&projectType=10

Here if you see the cpu scores they are VERY bad

Thanks alot for replying though i really appreciate it

Is your friend also running Norton antivirus?

The programme is known to be a resource hog, and could well be responsible for slowing your system down.

Disable Norton, and try running the benchmarking programme again.

Regards Howard :)

same results

same result got 7133 which was almost the same as before...

i really have no clue y my amd 3200+ is doing this
should i try formatting my computer !! ...cause i formatted my windows about two weeks ago, and i hardly have installed anything besides battlefield 2 which runs like crap...even with a 6800 lol.

There must be some way why my cpu is acting so slow

Go HERE and use this handy psu calculator.

Bear in mind, that if your psu is a cheap no name brand, then it may not be capable of putting out anywhere near the ammount of power that it says it is.

Regards Howard :cool:

350w

well i put everything exactly as i have in my computer and it says i need at least minimun 267 watts power....i have a 350 W !!!

:( din help either

Other than doing a defrag, and cleaning out temp files and cookies. I don`t know why your cpu should be getting such low marks.

Have you tried scanning for spyware, and viruses etc?

Also what speed is your ram?

Sorry I couldn`t be of more help.

Regards Howard :confused:

ram

I just ran spybot and it didnt find any spyware....i'll try Degragmenting but i highly doubt that'll help.....i have a two rams one is 512 and the other 256
total of 768 SDRAM

anyways Thanks alot for the help bro i really appreciate it

buy new CPU u got fake one =] jk

get lavalys home edition n compare wit wit ur friends..

also make sure ur AMD is not burning or nething weird liek that.. but yea get lavalys. n chcek out the numbers n info there n compaer it wit ur friends'

Nah the procossor isnt burning but its just not giving me the performance I am suppose to get....I mean games like doom 3, half life 2, chaos theory work at high res but why is 3Dmark2003 giving my cpu Ridiculously low scores

well what ever it says on lavasys home edition seems to be perfectly normal... my gpu tempreture is like 46 C and the CPU shows 33 C...I have uploaded the attachment where you'll see what lavasys says !!

Attachments

• Report.txt
    45.4 KB · Views: 7
I`ve spotted a problem in your Everest report.

Your 512mb stick of ram is pc3200, your 256mb stick is pc2100.

This means that you ram will be clocked to the lowest speed, I.E pc2100.

Take the 256mb stick of ram out, leaving just the 512mb stick.

Once you have taken the 256mb stick out, run your benchmarking programme again.

Regards Howard :grinthumb

same problem

well i took the 245 ram out and did the benchmarking again...I did get slightly better results than before and i got 168 cpu score compared to 883 .....

Cpu (fps) test 1- 25 compared to 151
Cpu (fps) test 2- 2.3 compared to 14

:(

its like almost 5 times slower ......i guess i have to change my processor..

I would deffinitely consider getting a new psu.

If you look HERE you will find an excellent article on psu`s. It will tell you which psu`s are worth getting, and more importantly which psu`s to avoid.

Regards Howard :grinthumb

I kinda found something out...My cpu usage Increases VERY quickly when ever i run programs....I checked for trojons and viruses but that seems to be clear

does SP2 have anything to do with this ??

nothing happend

same problem ...i even formatted my drive, reinstalled windows, updated it, and installed the updated chipset and display drivers

but my cpu scores are still pretty banged up ... :(

my CPU jumps to 90-100% usage too when i open programs.. but thats only for like a second.. mainly because its trying to load up the program for you ASAP =]

neway did u build ur PC urself? or was it from a manufactuer (i.e. HP, Dell)

how many running processes do u have right after u boot up windows?
and how much ram u got after..

Nothing helped

Man i have tried everything to increase my cpu speed...i installed the latest bios..that din help i formatted my computer and reinstalled windows with the latest drivers that din help, i even changed the processor that din help either....

Any more ideas on how i can get a good CPU score in 3DMark 2003

CPU Score was 162
CPU(test 1) 23
CPU (test 2) 2.3

these scores are amazingly low
overall 3Dmark score was 7315

any more suggesions

AMD ATHLON XP 3200+
MSI K8N neo platinum MS-7030
512 MB DDR
Leadtek Geforce 6800

Status