Very Puzzling Network Issue, Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

Something very strange (at least to me) is going on with my networking and internet connection capabilities... let me describe:

I am currently able to connect to the internet only via my built-in wireless card in my Toshiba Satellite laptop (running XP Media Center), and only with Mozilla. Opera or Explorer just show up with a blank page and nothing else.

When I disable my wireless and plug in an ethernet cable (connected to a cable modem), I am not able to connect, just blank pages everywhere.

Under my Network Connections page, I see a 1394 connection Connected and Firewalled, and I am unable to disable it (it does nothing when I click "disable"). I am unable to repair it (an error msg comes up saying TCP/IP is not enabled for this connection, cannot proceed). I am unable to delete it (an error msg comes up saying "You cannot delete a connection while it is busy connecting").

In Mozilla, the only browser that seems to work (and only with my wireless enabled, not with a hard-wire), I am unable to download and play any audio files (I've tried RealAudio, WMA, ITunes, nothing works).

What in the hell is going on here? I'm baffled... any help would be greatly appreciated.

ryel

Well I figured out part of the problem - I am now able to connect with a hard-wire, but Mozilla is still the only browser that works, and I am still unable to download or stream any kind of audio file... any ideas? Thanks.

ryel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back