Very slow laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very slow laptop, hijackthis log attached.

Hi all, the symptoms we are having is a very slow laptop. Its an old model that may be slow due to trying to do to much with it, but wanted to rule out a virus/trogan before we consider ungrading it. Did everything that was in the sticky post and our logs are attached. If anyone can have a look at the hijack log that would be great. Thanks

It looks clean to me.. however i didn't notice any software firewall installed. Download Kerio Personal Firewall or Zonalarm Free if you don't have any (windows firewall doesnt count). Prevention is better than cure.

If you're using windows XP then turning off all the eye candy and special effects may help speed up an old spec'd pc.

Also have a look at this, it may help.
Tutorial: How to speed up your pc for free

oh by the way, next time save that ewido log as a .txt not a .doc.. some virus's tend to stick themselves on .docs.

Just to confirm N3051M`s thoughts, your HJT log is clean. I have deleted your Ewido .doc file due to the risk of viruses. If you would like to repost it as a .log or .txt file that`d be fine.

If you have any further virus/spyware problems, please post in this thread.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of scubaru5 only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back