Very slow pc after 1 hour on plus Low virtual memory message with little cpu usage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys,
I get a low virtual memory message each time I leave the computer on for some time then everything grinds to a halt and eventually crashes whether I am using word or on the Internet. I had some trouble with viruses recently, could it be an after effect of that? Thanks for any advice!

How much RAM do you have and what are some of your other specs on the computer? The only reason I"m asking is you probably need to expand the size of your pagefile from what it sounds like. At the top left of the forum you will see a my.TS.forum, fill out your profile in there to better help everyone.

BTW
:wave:Welcome to TechSpot:wave:

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Because you only have 256mb of ram it may be that you have a lot of programmes running in the background.

Also because you have had virus problems, may I suggest that you take a look at the following thread by RBS which will help you to get rid of any spyware, addware, that you might have picked up.

https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic17297.html

Regards Howard
santa2.gif

Memory problem

Thanks for the tips, I followed the instructions to eliminate spyware and I don't believe its a memory leak as I went through the instructions... Any other ideas?
Thanks, if you guys can't help me, no-one can!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back