Very Slow PC? Why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sjbrand99

I have been having problems with my computer for a while now, all related to its speed. It is... slow as !@$&.

I have done numerous searches for problems using the following:

SpyBot S+D
Ewido
Ad-Aware SE
Zone Labs Pro
Spyware Blaster
Registry Fix

I have used many other spyware programs etc...

I have attached a HJT log...

Rename HijackThis.exe to HijackThis1991.exe and post a fresh HJT file.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of Sjbrand99 only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Because some malware can hide from HijackThis.exe.

This thread is for the use of Sjbrand99 only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Here you go... i reinstalled it and changed the name to HijackThis1991.exe

I hope that with this you can determin the problem.

Cheers for all your help so far

Hey i just posted a helpful solution??? I edited out wrong post and posted the suggestion to remove bad files and spyware??

Run HJT with no other programmes open. Click the scan button. Have HJT fix the following, by placing a tick in the little box next to(if there).

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = about:blank

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54729

R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=55245&clcid={SUB_CLCID}

R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant = about:blank

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyServer = net3:8080<only fix this if you did not set this proxy yourself or don`t know what it is.

O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {CD67F990-D8E9-11d2-98FE-00C0F0318AFE} - (no file)

O9 - Extra button: IESideBar - {DFEFF09F-785E-4191-8E5D-A7650A1C4F9A} - shdocvw.dll (file missing)

O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: IESideBar - {DFEFF09F-785E-4191-8E5D-A7650A1C4F9A} - shdocvw.dll (file missing)

O16 - DPF: {FE6A3E85-0F6C-49AD-8843-68FF44E7EEAB} (BHO Class) - http://plugin.secureservicepack.com/SecureServicePack3.cab

O20 - Winlogon Notify: winoqx32 - winoqx32.dll (file missing)

Click on the fix checked button.

Close HJT and reboot your system.

Other than the above, your HJT log is clean.

bushwhacker: The reason your advice was wrong, you didn`t spot the HijackThis.exe file hadn`t been renamed. Without renaming the HijackThis.exe file, it`s impossible to tell whether there are any hidden nasty entries.

Also, your advice to fix the 023 entries was wrong, as those entries are perfectly safe. The file missing at the end of 023 entries is caused by a small bug in HJT and doesn`t mean anything.

In anycase, 023 entries are run as services and cannot simply be fixed by HJT. The services would have to be stopped and disabled by clicking start/run and typing srevices.msc into the run box and pressing the enter key. You would then have to locate the services and stop them from running as well as setting the startup type to disabled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back