vga problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

joker3613

hey everyone i need some help i jsut got a computer givin to me and when i hook it up to the monitor and turn it on nothing comes up on the screen and i have tried changing the VGA card in it and nothing seems to work anyone can help

Not much info to go on. Bad cable perhaps? Bad power supply, bad switch (on front panel), bad motherboard?

the monitor works on other computers so i know it is not the monitor or the card and the system turns on fine no beeps nothing so it might be the mother board

Just to be thorough, what are the system specifications? Is it a branded PC (Dell, HP, Gateway, etc.)? Many PC's beep once to indicate it is posting. I don't recall if all Dells do that though.

it is a dell and if it dont work it dont work so i am going to mess with it some more and see that can come up with

One motherboard problem you can check visually is inspecting the tops of all the capacitors on the motherboard. If any are bulging or ruptured, that would be a physical sign of a bad motherboard. That's not the only thing that could be wrong with it but if you do find bad capacitors, you've pretty much found at least one thing wrong.

Try removing all the other cards from your system and insert the video card
into every slot to see if you get video but before you do this clean the connectors on the video card with an erazor from a pencil. if this does not work try another video card before replacing mother board. good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back