Vga problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
help...... I recently reinstalled windows xp home edition on my computer and am having the vga compatibility problem that I see seems to be quite common. my computer is a dell dimension e521..... would very much welcome some advice

ty... Steve

What exactly do you mean a "VGA compatibility problem" and in what way is it common (post link(s) to what you're referring to)? Explain the problem in more detail...

Have you installed all of the device drivers for your PC after reinstalling Windows?

Click Start>Run>devmgmt.msc>Ok. See any question marks on your devices in this window?

ty for responding Zenosincks

after installing the drivers I am still getting the yellow question mark exclamation point in device manager next to video controller... with vga compatible next to it..

also, am getting the same thing for pci simple communications controller...

Hmmmmm....

Have you tried uninstalling the driver via device manager? The system should automatically detect the HW and reinstall the driver on startup :)

dell has great web support page. Visit dell and enter your model number, they should carry all the drivers for your machine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back