Via launch "Hyperion" 4-in-1 chipset drivers for KT400 and P4X400

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arris

From Via Arena:

VIA have led the way in pioneering the unified driver set. The VIA 4in1 drivers, often known as a VIA 4in1 service pack have been the mainstay of VIA systems for years - optimizing stability and comparability. Today (10 December 2002) is an historic occasion, as VIA changes the name to VIA Hyperion 4in1 drivers and launches the driver set, optimized for performance for VIA's latest chipsets. The name Hyperion will most certainly supercede the name 4in1 all together in the future, but "4in1" has been kept in the name for identification sake. The version numbers also continue on from the 4in1 driver series so as not to confuse our customers.

This is meant to be the new choice for KT400 and P4X400 chipset users. Improved performance. More information about the Hyperion improvements can be found here

3dmarkkt400.gif

So all you 3dmark2001SE score monkeys can get a little boost :D

That graph is crap, it gives the impression that there is a hoooj increase in 3dmark score, but in reality it's less than 100marks, *sarcasm* woohoo ;)
why show it to be so significant?
:confused:

Its quite usual for graphs with values which are quite close to each other to be scaled to show the difference in this way. As long as you read the numbers you know the real picture ;)
Note that I did say "little" boost.

I have always liked the 4-in-1 driver set of Via as you didn't have to go hunt down different parts of drivers for different ages of chipsets. The unified driver structure as adopted by Nvidia and more recently ATI means big downloads but all fixes and optimisations made to one driver package and this is a good thing in my eyes.
The only thing that I don't think is good with this driver release is that it seems to stray from the "unified" concept by being for KT400 and P4X400 only? Hmm strange. Bit like ATI releasing 9700 Pro only drivers...

Heh...I forgot about getting the latest 4in1's. Goodie!

Man, that's one hell of a performance increase for just 4in1 drivers. 10FPS in Q3:A...

Especially that I have a KT400! :cool:

VIA Arena seems to not like me...

It must be swamped w/ people downloading it.

Where are some alternate mirrors?

Originally posted by Rick
Wait a second, didn't Phantasm66 come up with this name??? LoL!

Yeah I thought it looked familiar. It was suggested as a name for the Opteron AMD 64bit server chips by Phant :)

Veh> If you haven't got the Hyperion 4-in-1's yet let me know as I eventually managed to download them and can mail them to you if you like.

Otherwise try www.filemirrors.com and enter a search for filename equals VIAHyperion4in1445v.exe.

It came up with a couple of alternatives to ViaArena.
In fact here they are:

Thanks Arris, but I got them from Guru3D. The mirror is right on VIA Arena's page. Works great :D

I'll run 3DMark later tonight...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back