Vice City will blow you away!

Would you play/buy/rent GTA: Vice City?

• I already own it, pal!

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Going to soon, HOHOHO!

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Maybe. maybe I'll buy Yu-Gi-Oh instead!

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • No, My mom won't let me.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Waiting for the PC Port.

Votes: 6 54.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

conradguerrero

I bought GTA Vice City when it first came out, and I must say this game is huge, mean, and evil!

Much improved vehicle selection, weapons, police AI, mission difficulty, non-linear game play, and music!

:approve:

The 80's music selection is great (Michael Jackson, Frankie Goes to Hollywood, Luther Vandross and loads of disco sounds) interspersed with the same great humorous adverts and radio DJs talking as in GTA3. The claim is that the City is twice the size of the available area's in GTA3. Some of the graphics have had an update too. Only just started playing this game but I am already rehooked after having finished the PS2 version of GTA3 months before the PC version was even announced...

Oh and motorbikes, helicopters, chainsaws, buying property as safe houses (saving and storing vehicles).

I've played the PS2 version - and I have to say that even GTA3 on the PC looks better to me - SO.... I'll be waiting for the PC port and I know that will be a graphical improvement on what is an extremely enjoyable game. Gotta love bustin' donuts in the street on motorcycles!

LNCPapa

Even more fun doing wheelies and stoppies(standing up leaning forward and braking hard to put the bike up on the front wheel).
I prefer to play this type of game on a console as its a "here your turn to try this mission" type game rather than sitting by myself infront of my PC.

Don't get me wrong - I'm huge into the console gaming thing
sickness2.jpg

But I just feel like the difference in graphic detail is enough for me to get the PC version. I don't really have any buddies up here - just Deus - who are heavy into gaming so I do quite a bit of it by myself or online. This is why I've moved so heavily into PC gaming over the last few years. All my gaming buddies live in Oklahoma City.

LNCPapa

We are aware of your vast console collection ;)
I suppose I might have considered playing GTA:Vice City on PC if there wasn't the friends playing in the same house situation. Still I don't have to fiddle with my console to get reasonable frame rates... or have to change driver versions... disable settings that conflict etc... Just pop the disk in and go. I don't dispute that the PC version will be a lot nicer looking but I just couldn't wait :D
Plus I have my PS2 over here in Milan at the moment and the Geforce2Go (being changed for Geforce4Go due to dell messing up the order) probably won't handle running GTA:Vice City on my laptop as nicely. So I have other reasons for playing the PS2 version and not waiting for the PC version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back