Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I also have this other computer with a really annoying problem Specs below

3ghz 64 bit processor P4
1GIG DDR2 Ram
250GIG Sata
Nvidia 512mb 6800GS Vid
Onboard sound

I installed Oblivion onto the computer and if I play for a few hours the game starts to have shards of colour flying around and dots appear all over the screen.

I replaced the vid card, it done it again, I replaced the ram it done it again, I replaced the vid card again and its still doing it and now I have also replaced the hdd and it is still not working.

Can anyone tell me if they think it is the motherboard or incompatibilty with the game or vid card or what?

Thankyou soo much

What you've described sounds like simple overheating artifacting.

I'd suggest simply try adding a few case fans (intake in the front, exhaust in the back) or a new case if mounts for case fans isn't provided by your existing case.

You can also try, for a test, taking the side off your case and pointing a house fan on full-blast directly at your motherboard. If the artifacting ceases this way, you'll know for fact you simply need to add more cooling.

The house fan thing does not work, the computer is not overheating with the temperature of all of them combined and then averaged they work out at 27 degrees.

Any other suggestions would help.

It worked, but unfortunately I still don't know what kind of cooling to get (there is no way I'm messing with liquid cooling). It's been getting worse when I dont have the huge fan right up to it (my sreensavers have been suffering, and not the awesome ones i used to use (geoforms), but 3Dtext and even 3Dpipes). What kind of fan(s) should I get? I'd prefer something that doesn't take up too much space or make too much noise. Thanks in advance.

It really does sound like an overheating problem... Maybe your bios is not showing correct temps. What bios version do you have?

Regards,

Korrupt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back