Video Camera not recognized

Status
Not open for further replies.

papercut_2008

I am trying to use a Panasonic video camera on my computer. I plug it in (USB), and i get all of the balloons telling me that my hardware was installed properly. The camera also has an SD card reader on it, which appears properly in My Computer. I go to my video editor (I tried both Movie Maker and Ulead) and go to capture, but both give me some kind of error messege. The camera is set to PC and turned on, i have tried several cables, and have tried it on two different computers. any thoughts?

What about the software that came with the camera to use it with your PC?
Also what did the wierd message say exactly?

You're might be better off use HAU PVR-150 Video/TV Tuner Capture Card for this purpose, that's only if you can't do it through the USB?

It's not my camera, but I don't believe it had any software (i'll check Panasonic's site). The error in Movie Maker was- "The video device cannot be used at this time because there has been an error when starting the device", and the Ulead message was about the same.

Sounds like a driver problem or device is not being seen by the system. Is this the first time you're using the Panasonic this way or did it work prior?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back