Video Card - Display Rotation

Status
Not open for further replies.

nismo91

Hi all. I just want to ask simple question about how to enable display rotation on newer graphic cards, especially notebook gpu.

i just realize that my MRadeon 9700 is still capable enough to rotate the display whilst newer cards like X1600 could not. I also remember that in my home, my previous p4 using intel ext. graphic 2 also capable of rotating display while the intel mobile gma could not.

I ask this question, because i just rotate my display and flip my laptop to save space. Lot of my friend want the same thing, but when i go to intel setting page or catalyst control centre, the rotation option is missing.

Anyone could help?

They either have crippled OEM drivers or the drivers don't come with the suitable option. If possible, download and install the drivers from the chip maker (all ForceWare should come with NVrotate for example).

If the functionality is not provided by the video card drivers, then you can do it by other software. For example, Samsung provides a free program for use with their pivot monitors - it works with every video card.

hmm maybe i should install drivers that is having the option... or find a program that does the job...

Hmm... radeon 9700.. try updating it with the latest drivers available from amd/ati's website. The catalyst control center should allow you to rotate the screen from one of its settings if your card supports it...
catalyst-rotate.jpg

yeah. My MR9700 is able to rotate display, but apart from that ATI MR X1600 could not do that... maybe i'll try to install the latest 7.4 asap.... i just got it from softpedia :)

how about intel? i still havnt find such free apps that could rotate display...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back