Video Card Help.. i think

Status
Not open for further replies.
So recently ive been having trouble running any type of game on my computer. The main problem is gaming. I try to run World of Warcraft and it locks up at the opening screen.. I still have mouse movement but the screen start to flicker slowly almost like lag. The choppyness and lockups arn't just in that game either. Command and Conquer also runs extremely choppy. Even the flash game "Stick Arena", I often get kicked out for low FPS.

Im currently running a NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 video card with matching chipset.

With 512Mb of ram.

I tried reformatting, reinstalling the graphics card. updating video and sound drivers also direct x. I even took apart my computer and cleaned it out.
I cleaned all the dust from the fans. I have no idea what the problem could be.

P.S. My computer runs around 30-36 degrees celcius. Could someone please help me.

You need a different video card. The 5200 was very low end when it first came out. The 64bit versions , which most are, are even worse. You need at least a 9800 Pro or 6600GT or if you can afford something over $200 a 6800GT.

I hadnt made any hardware changes, so you guys think i should get a brand new graphics card? and if so could you send me a link or point me in the direction of a cheap, but good quality one? thanks for the advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back