Video Card Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mac10.^62[6]

I want to buy a video card, but i looked on my motherboard and it has three PCI slots and one AGP slot for the agp slot i wanted to buy it a geforce 6800xt AGP 4X/8X Video card i want to know if it matters what kind of agp video card I should get for it

When you say "I want to know if it matters what kind of agp video card I should get for it" are you talking about the GPU (i.e, 6800xt vs 6800gt vs 6600gt etc) or are you talking about the maker of the card (sapphire vs Asus vs EVGA etc)?

The answer is yes either way. It does matter.

By the way, I deleted your other identical post. Please only post once for each issue to avoid confusion, thanks.

What is your motherboard make/model? If you can link me to the homepage with the specs of your motherboard I can confirm whether or not that card will work in your system. As long as your motherboard does in fact have an AGP slot, there is a high chance that this card will work in your system.

Another important point to confirm is whether or not your power supply will be able to handle the extra requirements from adding a new card. What make is your PSU and how many watts is it rated at? You can find this info on the sticker attached to the side of the PSU (open up your case and have a look).

Without knowing your motherboard model number, there is no way to confirm if it will work, or not. If you want to confirm whether or not it will work before buying it, re-read my post above and give us the details. It could save you a lot of headaches.

And this second card you listed here is cheaper, but not better by the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back