Video Card Help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emagdnim

Well, I have a x1900 Xt and whenever I boot it up, the T_FAULT and EXT_PWR lights are lit and I get no display. I have a ATX12V power supply, could that be my problem?

I don't have the manual for anything except for the motherboard because the computer was given to me by a friend xD

I bought a new video and still I had no display, so I went and bought a new mother and used my x1900 on it and still... no display. Any idea?

Asus a8n-sli se
AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+
Cooler Master ATX12V 450w
Corsair Twin x2048 (2 x 1 gig)
Radeon x1900 xt 512 mb

Try clearing the cmos. Your mobo manual will tell you how.

Has the system ever worked?

Yeah, but my friend lives in California and I live in Washington so it was sent via UPS. I tried clearing the cmos once but it didnt do anything.

I just googled "T_FAULT and EXT_PWR" and the results weren't too great... Most people said it could mean the card is dead. I guess i'm going to have to buy a new video card =/

Well, now that i'm pretty sure that i'm going to need a new video card, any suggestions? My budget is about 350, depending on what my gf says.

Asus a8n-sli se
AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+
Cooler Master ATX12V 450w
Corsair Twin x2048 (2 x 1 gig)
Radeon x1900 xt 512 mb

Did you even try to use the old card in another machine? Also, you'd probably need to upgrade your PSU if you buy a new card, and it also might be the issue with your old card, so try that first. How much can you afford for a new PSU and video card? BTW, which Cooler Master PSU do you have? Is it the Extreme Power version or the Real Power version?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back