Video Card Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just recently installed Vista Ultimate on my pc. So I got a new graphics card so I could run windows aero and the dreamscene and all that new stuff, and for gaming. Well i got a Nvidia Geforece fx 5500 and when I install it in the computer and the drivers it gives me a code 12, not enough resources. I tried disabling other devices, even taking some out. I still get the same error code. I tried it in a friends computer and it works just fine and my computer is suppose to be better. I have the system requirements, so is there anyone who can help. Below are my computer specs. Thank YOUMainboard :*Dell Computer Corp. UnspecifiedChipset :*Intel i845PEProcessor :*Intel Pentium 4 @ 2400 MHzPhysical Memory :*1024 MB (2 x 512 DDR-SDRAM )Video Card :*Nvidia Corp GeForce4 MX 420 [NV17.3]Hard Disk :*WDC (160 GB)DVD-Rom Drive :*LITE-ON DVDRW LH-20A1P ATA DeviceDVD-Rom Drive :*SAMSUNG DVD-ROM SD-616T ATA DeviceMonitor Type :*Dell Computer DELL E177FP - 17 inchesNetwork Card :*Broadcom Corp BCM4309 802.11a/b/gNetwork Card :*Intel Corporation 82801DB/DBL (ICH4/ICH4-L) PRO/100 VE Network ConnectionOperating System :*Windows Vista (TM) Ultimate Professional 6.00.6000 DirectX :*Version 10.00

You might want to check Dell's website for Vista Upgrading advice. I don't see anything obvious except increasing memory to 2GB

Well on the other computer I put the card in it only had a half gb and it ran. This one has 1 gb. And bad thing is, on dell it said this computer is only upgradeable to 1 gb. And I went to dell and checked for drivers, nothing.

Yea, pretty big mistake getting the FX5500. There are SO much faster graphics cards for agp for very cheap prices. You can get a 7600GT AGP for about $100 or less which is about 50 times faster than the FX5500. Plus it has loads more features.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back