Video card install issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peking Duck

OK i just recently purchased the Ati radeon 9250. my problem is how do i install it ive looked at the directions and used them but still no luck. to install do i take out my old card and just pop in the new one and install it from disc becuase i cant get a image if i do that. basically i need the exact order to do things while installing it if anyone can help. i might mention his pretty old computer running a pentium 3 500mz processor lol.

First go into Add/Remove Programs in Control Panel and remove the drivers for your old card. Then shut down and remove the old card and install the new one. Reboot the computer and install the new cards drivers. Download the newest drivers from ATI. The ones that comes with cards are usually very out of date.

vegasgmc said:
First go into Add/Remove Programs in Control Panel and remove the drivers for your old card. Then shut down and remove the old card and install the new one. Reboot the computer and install the new cards drivers. Download the newest drivers from ATI. The ones that comes with cards are usually very out of date.

alright i did what you said and i went to install the new card but i could see no image the card is in correctly and everything but i cant install it if i cant even get to a screen. is this suppose to happen or with new cards are you suppose to just be able to get and image and go and install it I'm pretty confused this is my first gpu upgrade considering I'm 13 and I'm pretty knowledgeable but this is a pain when i have to work with the older model computers lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back