video card not responding

Status
Not open for further replies.

elpibebz

i was playing Knight Online with my nVidia geforce mx mx 400, when suddenly i started noticing some bad graphics, so i exited the game. when it showed my desktop, it was at 800x600 ( i usually have it a 1152x864) and when i tried to change the resolution back to where it used to be, i got a messege saying that the card was made for an older version of windows. thing is, i havent done any updates lately, and i had run the game perfectly after the service pack2 came out. now i cant see anything when i plug my monitor to that video card.
thnx in advance

ps. i tried the video card on another pc running on windows xp but without the latest updates and the card works perfectly fine.

Hello! Welcome to TechSpot!

elpibebz said:
ps. i tried the video card on another pc running on windows xp but without the latest updates and the card works perfectly fine.
More system info is needed..
What motherboard was this Vc installed on? You may need to update the chipset drivers.

G'Luck

if you want to meet me

Hello all who sees this message! i'm beautiful, clever, charming
and lonely woman. i dream to get acquainted with the man for penpal and more.
i shall answer all who will answer on my e-mail address.
it is a little about itself: i am 32 years old, i like to travel,
i adore camping, i take a great interest in good music,
i go in for sports and study English language.
I shall tell more about myself and send my photos in letter.
my contact address without gap :)
milayaya1@ yandex.ru
Ludmila.

lutik7654 said:
Hello all who sees this message! i'm beautiful, clever, charming
and lonely woman. i dream to get acquainted with the man for penpal and more.
i shall answer all who will answer on my e-mail address.
it is a little about itself: i am 32 years old, i like to travel,
i adore camping, i take a great interest in good music,
i go in for sports and study English language.
I shall tell more about myself and send my photos in letter.
my contact address without gap :)
milayaya1@ yandex.ru
Ludmila.

LMAO.... this is not the place... LOL

im running on:

Intel(R) celeron(r) CPU 2.40GHz
2.42GHz, 504Mb of RAM

and the video card that is not working is an nvidia geforce2 mx mx 400, and im currently using the intel integrated graphics card.

i think the best solution is to get a new card.

Yea thats an old card.. You can get decent card for a good price to run new games at decent settings. Theres plenty of good card under 80$.

pci

strange thing is after i reboot my pc for the first time i had the problem, i coulndt see the icons, and then when i reboot again, i couldnt see anything, and now my monitor just says "out of range" when i plug it to the nvidia. this is really driving me crazy since now i gotta play with my Intel integrated graphics card and it gives me the "ialmrnt5 error" when i play video games.

504mb's system ram, tells me you have shared system ram with the on board intel video...A whole 8mbs...if you're stuck using on board for now you'll need to go into the bios and up the video/shared ram as high as it'll go. This will make a big difference..
Do you have an agp slot on that MoBo?

ok, one last question SPcRatES, for gaming, which one would be better?

-eVGA GeFORCE MX 4000 /128MB DDR/PCI/VGA/TV OUT

-eVGA GeFORCE FX 5200 /128MB DDR/PCI/DVI/TV OUT

-3DFuzion GeFORCE MX4000 /128MB DDR/PCI/VGA TV OUT

Yup. That would've beaten the crap out of the other cards plus it was like $40 only too. It's not out of stock or anything but has been deactivated. What does that mean?

They will no longer stock it in a very long time. They love to do that.

Anyway, the 9250 should outperform the FX5200.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back