Video card overheating-already cooled CPU

Status
Not open for further replies.

derrekeva

I have an ATI radeon x1850, 2GB corsair memory,windown xp sp2, Asus M2N-SLI Deluxe AM2 MB,AMD dual processor FX-62 with a zalman fan on it,
650 ps.
The only time the computer crashes is when i run World of Warcraft.i get a 132 error . I started checking the CPU a few months ago and it was reaching temps of 66C and I got the zalman then. It recently started crashing again and my video card is rising in temps up to 77C. There is no way I can add a video card fan with that Zalman right above it....any ideas about how i can cool this....cases ,methods, video cards that arent as hot but comparable?

what about that antec 900 case for gamers...any good??

Derreke

77 is not critical it is just above good. get the latest bios for your motherboard. that helped me. If not underclock a little your gpu.

77C isnt too hot for your gpu, mine has gone over 100C while overclocking and it survived. If you want to cool your gpu more and can't fit a fan then you'd probably have to put in some ducting to an extra fan lower down on the back of the case.
First point a desktop fan at your (open) case and run WoW, if you still get the error you'll know it not the temperatures.
If it does solve the problem either fit an extra fans where possible in your case to get better air flow generally, or get a better case (the antec 900 is good)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back