Video card problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jase123

Hello all,

I recently bought an Asus P5VD2- MX SE mobo. Connected all my hardware to it ect. Booted up with out my graphics card and it worked fine, got into windows ect. I then shut down my computer to connect my graphics card, however, I got no display. I first thought it was just the graphics card, so I sent it back, but it was found not faulty. It's a Ati x1950 pro by the way. I then took the graphics card up my cousins and he got a display. I know it isn't my PSU as that has more than enough power, see here: http://overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=CA-005-CS

I am now thinking it is the motherboard. It could be the pci-e bus or the actual chip.

What do you lot think?

Regards Jason

Yes, the basics, ram, hard drive, cpu, optical drive. Booted up my computer using the on board graphics and I got into windows. I then shut down my computer to put my new graphics card in, however I got no display on the screen, the fan on the graphic card is spinning.

Regards Jason

This might sound stupid, but after you`d installed your new graphics card, you did remember to connect your monitor to the new card didn`t you?

Regards Howard :)

I would suspect the motherboard too. Since your video card does work on a different board(PC). Take it back while it's still a recent purchase. Good Luck with that.

Yes, I'm quite positive it's the bus, but I just wanted to get your thoughts. I've already contacted the place where I bought the mobo from. :)

Regards Jason

If you had said what you said in post 3 in post 1 it would have made much more sense.

Did you disable the on board in the bios and uninstall its driver in windows?

In that case, a faulty pci-e slot is a definite possiblity.

Only other thing left to try is putting another known good video card in and seeing what happens.

Regards Howard :)

Yes, I meant be trying my cousins graphics card soon, so will see how it goes. And yes I disabled the onboard in bios and in windows.

Regards Jason

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back