Video card Question?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kerpunkin

I currently have a Geforce EVGA 6800gs superclocked video card.What i want to know is would I see good a improvement if i got the new 7900gs?

Lol, the geforce 7 series are significantly better due to higher bandwidth and more pipelines,and particulary,if you check these 2 links,
http://www.nvidia.com/page/geforce_6800.html and this one
http://www.nvidia.com/page/geforce_7900.html
you would see a significant difference between these 2,and i would have to say that a newer card is more likely to outperform an older card,but depends on how much you wanna pay.Check prices and see for yourself if it`s worth it :) And let us know how your video card keeps up with the latest games.
Regards.

I don't think it would be worth it to upgrade yet, as that 6800 is still a very good card. I don't think you will see a drastic difference. If anything, wait until the dx10 cards come out, and then upgrade.

I'll second what twite is saying, but it is a matter of personal preference of course.

You'd be going from a VERY good card to a great card. Is that 6800GS already starting to slow things down for you? What games are you playing, and at what resolutions?

If you are a hardcore, fps maniac, then sure go for the upgrade. If you are just a casual gamer like myself, that 6800GS still has plenty of life in it.

He plays games like warcraft 3 and BF2. Im also gonna be buying him a 20 inch widescreen lcd for christmas,that stats a resolution of 1440/900, Will both of these cards be able to handle that ok?

Definitely yeah. But still,game performance will vary from computer to computer...sincerely,i recommend the Alienware systems for hardcore gamers. Otherwise ,you will be satisfied with these 2 video cards,they`re more than good for today`s games,but don`t expect superreal performance. For that you would need a dual video card, SLI , 512 mb and 256 bit :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back