Video card question

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

escaflownev1

Hi im considering between buying a pci express x16 graphics card and a agp 4x/8x. I would like to know which of these would be better and also if my computer is compatible, i have an agp and a pci port but i do not know if its too old. Anyways both cards have 128mbs. THe pci has a memory clock of 550mhz while the other has 400mhz. The ramdac of both is 400mhz. The pci also has a loud fan that the other doesn't have a fan. THe core clock of the pci is 300mhz while that of the agp is 250mhz. The main purpose of the card i need is to connect is to use the s-video out on my t.v.

You need to use an AGP 8X/4X card. PCI-E is the best video bus, but it's not compatible with your motherboard.

You could use a normal PCI video card, but it's highly recommended that you use an AGP one.

Regards :wave:

But how can you know that the agp is compatible and the pci express is not

Because you just said that you only have the AGP slot, and normal PCI ones ;)

i have an agp and a pci port

Unless you have a hybrid board with an AGP slot and a PCI-E one, just like some Asrock mobo's.

well i just looked for accesories for my specific model of computer on my computer's manufactures site. The only video cards available for my specific computer was pci express card. So if then my computer is capable of pci express would you suggest that i purchase the pci express card over the agp one?

In his specs he is showing his chipset as the old 845, so you can be sure that the board does not support PCIe. It remains to be seen if it has AGP.

From what I can see, you have an AGP 4X slot open. So you should be able to use just about any 8X/4X AGP card from Newegg. What kind of budget are you looking at?

Its around 40 bucks. So what do you recommend the agp or the pci express. And is there any program that will tell me the exact type of pci or agp i have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back