Video Card Reboot Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHaDoWTyRanT

over roughly the past 3 months i've been receiving random reboots while i was gaming, no specific time involved.. just a reboot at a random time during gaming. I really never cared too much, but it's starting to become annoying. Anyways i have an onboard ATI video card, and i just bought an nVidia 7300 GT the other day and installed it.. ran driver cleaner and everything to get rid of the excess ATI material, hell i even downloaded the new drivers from the nVidia site. However I still get this error, now im pretty dead sure it's caused by my video card because when i checked the blue screen, the source of the error was NV4.dll(my video card driver!!)... here's the error report

Error code 10000050, parameter1 e571ab40, parameter2 00000000, parameter3 bfa76d67, parameter4 00000001.

could it possibly be some conflict with the onboard? please help me!!

Did you disable the Onboard card from the Device manager befor installing the other card?

Also what games does this happen on? Does it happen on specific games or on all games?

Also what bus slot do you have? ( PCI, PCIe, AGP x2 / x4 or x4 / x8 )

Give full system specs aswell including the Total wattage on the PSU ( Open the side of the case and look at the sticker on the box thing and on the bottom it says "Max Watt" tell me that number )

Go to www.majorgeeks.com and search Everest and download the free one since the original makers discontinued the free version

Hope I helped! :D

Also do this:

Go to www.systemrequirementslab.com and search the games you played when it crashes and see if you pass it, If you fail then this might be the reason because the videocard might overload or something and cause it to crash

Also you can try to get some Compressed air from Bestbuy or any computer store and spray out your system of Dust build ups

Did you run the "Uninstall" for the ATI Video Card?

I purchased the same NVidia Card for another PC and it was a perfect match for a Dell Optiplex.

A couple of possibilities for "automatic reboots:

1) Automatic updates set in your O/S (System will reboot automatically as soon as an update is downloaded unless you cancel it

2) Look on your motherboard for any evidence of bulging capacitors. This is a very real problem in today's motherboards when many of the semiconductors are obtained from markets that are not certified. Many manufacturers of motherboards are subject to getting a bad capacitor. When the capacitor does not hold a charge, it could make the system reboot automaticallly.

Also what games does this happen on? Does it happen on specific games or on all games?

It's happened in pretty much all of em, wc3, WoW, Warrock, u name it i've errored in it

Also what bus slot do you have? ( PCI, PCIe, AGP x2 / x4 or x4 / x8 )

PCIe

Give full system specs aswell including the Total wattage on the PSU ( Open the side of the case and look at the sticker on the box thing and on the bottom it says "Max Watt" tell me that number )

HP Pavilion a1210n
BIOS - Phoenix Technologies 3.07, 7/29/2005
1GB RAM
AMD Athlon 64 3500+ (2.2GHz).. Service Pack 2

Go to www.majorgeeks.com and search Everest and download the free one since the original makers discontinued the free version

whats everest

tall_tiger said:
Did you run the "Uninstall" for the ATI Video Card?

I purchased the same NVidia Card for another PC and it was a perfect match for a Dell Optiplex.

A couple of possibilities for "automatic reboots:

1) Automatic updates set in your O/S (System will reboot automatically as soon as an update is downloaded unless you cancel it

2) Look on your motherboard for any evidence of bulging capacitors. This is a very real problem in today's motherboards when many of the semiconductors are obtained from markets that are not certified. Many manufacturers of motherboards are subject to getting a bad capacitor. When the capacitor does not hold a charge, it could make the system reboot automaticallly.

1. its not automatic update cuz it's giving me an error
2. it's from the source of my video card.. so its not a capacitor problem on my motherboard

whats everest

everest is a program that looks at your system and says what the specs are.

Videocard, Mobo Name & details on it, CPU and all that stuff, It's a good tool to have when you are on TechSpot because people will ask for your system specs alot ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back