Video Card under $100 (which do you think?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
neither

the 9600 xt or the 9800 se or 9600 pro 256, all better choices for the same price.

im trying to keep my budget under 100 dollars and am trying to get teh best performance. all those cards you mentioned are over 100 on newegg and pricewatch.

well

i saw your budget, check again, they are all within a few bucks of each other.

While I've never been one to shy away from refurbs, my last refurbished video card from Newegg came with a broken capacitor.

I had to resolder it back on before the card would work properly again.

I'm sure I could have always returned it too, but I ended up selling it for more money than I paid for it anyway. :)

i really dont know if i should be getting a refurb. i really dont trust them, but i suppose i can give it a try. now does refurb actually mean its defective, because someone sent it back to the place they bought it cause it was dewfective? im just trying to make sure that i dont buy a faulty product.

someone wanted something....more. and, returned it. it's guaranteed, so, it's up to you.

The word "refurbished" means repaired, basically.

How they went about repairing it.. Who knows?

Maybe they replaced the whole thing. Maybe they just fixed a couple of spots here and there. Maybe the customer returned it for repairs, but it didn't need any... But either way, it is supposed to be tested and working.

There is typically a reduced warranty invovled, but the savings are significant enough sometimes to off set this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back