video card

Status
Not open for further replies.

bayokan

i have recently installed xp but it did not support the video card and wuality was bad so i uninstalled the video card from device manager, then i restarted the pc, xp logo came up then went total blank... it does not let me reinstall xp. anyone has any idea??

What do you mean by, "wuality was bad" and how did you uninstall the video card. You likely damaged the video drivers, or left the new drivers in when you removed the card.
Brand and model of computer? Was WXP from a recovery disc or a full version.
Does it boot to save mode (pressing F8 repeatedly at startup). If so, you can reinstall the video card drivers.
You need to obtain (probably by download) the video drivers for the video graphics port you have, then boot to Safe mode and get the drivers back in place.

i meant was "quality was bad". i have uninstalled it on device manager, i think it was the software itself. i did not remove the card or installed a new one.
it is hp pavilion 533w. it was not a recovery cd. it was a full version of xp.
i did try f8 it lets me select but as soon as i hit enter screen goes black again.
i cant download anything, because i cant see anything..

The graphics driver for the Pavilion 533W comes on the Windows XP install disc. It is for Intel Extreme Graphics. If you deleted it, you need to reinstall Windows, or run a regular version of Windows XP as R or repair mode.
Once that driver is installed, you can go to downloads and software at the www.hp.com and download file SP26455.exe, dated February 2005, version 6.14.10.3943, with is a 6.36 MB file update or upgrade for Intel Extreme Graphics drivers. It fixes a number of issues.
Or you can go to the Intel website, and download the most recent version of the drivers for Intel Extreme Graphics as noted on your motherboard, or BIOS.

Even in safe mode?
What if you disconnect the hard drive, and boot to a floppy boot/Startup disk of MS Dos or Windows 98.
If you can boot to anything, you can install the updated driver

i was able to start the win98 setup but it stopped and said partitions could not be found. and fdisk is not responding, saying no fixed drive present..

Probably NTFS problem.
Check to see if you have the jumper incorrectly set on the wrong pin of your hard drive... or that an EIDE cable is bad... gently unplug and re-plug all cables, and power.
However, It is likely that the Windows floppy does not find the drive because it is formatted in NTFS format. To run fdisk, you have one choice that will enable you to bypass that limitation of no partitions found. I think it is the fourth choice on the lsit, but then you would need to do a full reformat to get Windows back on there.
If those do not work, it is likely your hard drive is bad... but I doubt that.
How valuable is the data on that drive?
I called HP who told me there are no longer restore discs for that model, but that if your drive is the original, you can access the drive to make a new install set as soon as you can see your screen.

no luck there. i have nothing important on hard drive. i cant even format it keeps saying bad command or file name. i thought i can have it pass by boot disk (floppy)

you're problem started to occur ever since you uninstalled the "video card" from manager device.
Pop in the CD and Repair your windows..good luck! as raybay said go to the intel website and update your drivers too!

i have tried that already, but i cant get it read the xp cd, only way to get in was the ray advised which was disconnect the hard drive and have it read from win 98 cd but problem with that was setup was inturrepted with not finding i belive nflh file missing.. i cat even format.. help needed....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back