Video Controller, Ethernet, & PCI.. Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

codez13579

hi. i am a newbie and a recent newly wed. my wife has a IBM ThinkCentre A50P PC. It had soo many problems that I installed a fresh new copy of XP on it. After installation the the sound didnt work. I trouble shooted and was lead to Device Manager where I saw YELLOW EXCLAMATION MARKS under the heading other device:
1) Audio Controller
2)Video Controller
3)Ethernet
4)PCI... something

I went to the IBM driver download site and updated the audio driver. GOT SOUND. I also downloaded the video, and ethernet updates, but NO CIGAR. It didnt work. I dont know if I downloaded the right drivers. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Also what is the PCI....?

P.S. I called IBM but they couldnt help. I was reading about a BIO update, would that help? Once again IBM Centre A50 (currently now connected to internet, but my own PC works I cant download the drivers).

You probably need the chipset drivers to get things going..

Can you install and run the ThinkVantage Software Installer program? If yes, then try using that for all your drivers and suchlike.

If there are several different video/ethernet controller versions on the download site for your exact IBm PC model, then you can just try them all.

BTW, are you sre you actually installed the drivers and didn't just extract the driver packages to your local hard drive?

Thanks. I will try the ThinkVantage Software Installer program. First i extract the drivers. Then In Device Manager, I click on the YELLOW EXCLAMATION devices and update the drivers.

On the IBM website there are different driver packages to try. I guess I will have to run trial N error on them all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back