Video Driver - odd request...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a rather odd request... I have limited access to a workstation, but need to update a video driver. Does anyone know of a way to manually change the system files to use this new driver? Would simply changing the .dll file enable the new driver or would it be too difficult? I am currently using the ATI 3D Rage PRO AGP. If anyone has any advice to fix this problem, I would greatly appreciate it! Let me know if you need anymore info...

:)

What kind of workstation are you talking about? At work? If it were me I would ask someone with administrator access to allow me to update the drivers.

Yes... That would be easiest, however, the IT dept will be out until Mon and I was hoping to get his project finished before the big game without having to take the work home. Besides, a simple driver update should be something easily fixed, though I could be wrong... Anyhow, because of my limitations, I will have to use the old fashioned drag and drop technique. If anyone has any suggestions of what files to swap please let me know. Thanks!!

If I were you, I'd stay away from trying to update by manually file-copying. Things can (and WILL) go horribly wrong if you try anything like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back