Video Driver Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

kimbo.ati

I updated my ATI drivers to 5.7 and this is what happened after the reboot.
I reset my computer everything was fine i logged in and then i guess when the drivers opened the computer screen refreshed with these wierd pixels.

x1pbglk-vqL4Bt-FvL2yl1z61MsNZA022xqDUpndISsHth6Ta-Rvrh6Dou0sdH5aWoslxvef--q9vzP9ylMd7IHun4JBpmmVH-_GAKtXKaCuQodP1pZy9XCWQqeKNpst3LHMBkFoAWimco_WDPAY119TA

x1pbglk-vqL4Bt-FvL2yl1z61MsNZA022xqDUpndISsHtjkcFvKDzxD1C-8VbsFmClCOWkJHykiujcHjhXinFRF4E8c6G3zo3_aLwbm85YSlOdq6iBCqGhtJjFAQpyJlN1dnAf3YEuSoKdyUPryQi2HeQ

The easy way to stop that is to press f8 just before windows starts to load and select safe mode, then remove all graphics drivers and reboot.

Its not that simple mate. I think my graphics card Is broken some how.
It does that just after a format even before any drivers are installed.
I managed to fix this problem but it took just over an hour of reseting to fix it. I posted to ask if anyone knew why it was happening it cant be software becuase it does that even after a format. All the drivers are up-to-date and my previous graphics card worked no problems.

Could something be blown?

Sorry, had no idea how much u knew.
You could pull the thing out and have a very close look at it. Look for poor soldering quality and in particular look at the surface mount components for any cracks.
Sometimes a surface mount capacitor can blow but a crack in it is often the only sign of it.
I work in the electronics trade so if there is any components that u r not sure about please feel free to ask and i will do my best to help.

ok cool i will look really close its working fine now no performance issues but whenever i format i have to swap graphics cards to install windows properly.

i dont think i will pull it out and look at it becuase my case is very messy with all the fans and fan controls i will just leave it in.
My case below. I have a 3rd party cooler. can you see anything wrong in the picture?

x1pbglk-vqL4Bt-FvL2yl1z61MsNZA022xqDUpndISsHtiKWJeF-V-Y6gU_PndKxYu-6RUjWI2sGphvlWX0BLloJjRdHOXomwQpce3c2WMg0tzhg2TpQ39rNUJCg_DLvi7T4bfYWMBBTXdFbDzMow-TYw

If u think thats a mess u should see mine hehe. U obviously believe in ott cooling as do I so thats not the problem for sure. I notice there are a few capacitors on the edge of your card, could be worth giving them a little gentle wiggle to see if any feel a bit loose as sometimes a leg on that type can become detached internally, but be careful, be delicate. Hope that helps Rik.

ok thanks, if one is loose what should i do ?

im upgrading in about 5months anyways but i want ot be able to sell my computer on without graphics problems :D

thanks heaps

If there is one loose as i described then it will require replacement. Also, have a look at the tops of those capacitors to see if they have domed. The tops should be flat but if u find any that are not then they have blown and will require replacing.
Capacitors are not expensive but you will require some soldering skill to change them, if u r not sure then find someone that can do it.
Also, what wattage psu do u have in that system?

ok i will make sure but i probably wont fix the problem i will just wait to upgrade and sell my computer without the card it in. I am running my whole computer on a thermaltake purepower 420W

What i will do is when i next have some free time (its getting late now) i will check for any problems and reply agian A.S.A.P

thankyou for the help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back