Video editing

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty much a novice when it comes to video. I would certainly appreciate any help you guys can give me.

I ripped some of my personal DVD's, and would like to edit some of them, and combine them with other video.

My question is: What program works well for converting the VOB files to another format, and what format would maintain the highest resolution for my eventual convertion back to a DVD? (Memory is not a problem.)

Thanks in advance,

Chuck

You may be able to get help here. Most user's are fairly knowledgable in hardware and OS issues. Hang on a while longer and see what people have to say. In the meantime, for video editing questions I usually go here and ask:

http://forum.videohelp.com/

Highest resolution? I guess you mean highest quality?

If you're going to edit VOB files and burn them to DVDs, don't convert them to another format. You'd just end up with reduced quality, no matter how good the conversion is (unless you're using filters to reduce jitter, artifacts etc.).

There are a number of utilities to use, but if you're going to convert the files to another format first, here's one method:

1. Edit the clip with VirtualDub-MPEG2 (a version of VirtualDub that can read MPEG-2)

2. Save in AVI format using a lossless compression or no compression at all

3. Encode with TMPGEnc or Cinema Craft Encoder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back