Video Lags Computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got a new video card, GE 6200, I installed it and downloaded the drivers but somehow I can no longer view video clips. This includes videos from Windows Media Player and DivX. When I open a video it won't show the video and it'll slow my computer down dramatically to the point the computer just plain freezes. I don't know what is wrong. If you need more information please do ask. Thanks for reading.

Did you replace an existing card?

If so, you should have uninstalled it's drivers before installing new card.

Well the first time I forgot to do so. But I just recently uninstalled both video cards and installed the GE 6200. However the same problem still exists. Also I noticed that my previous video card, which is an integrated one will not fully go away when I uninstall it in device manager. Every reset it'll be back there again.

The Onboard one doesn't really need to be removed.

What sort of Video's are laggy? All of them!?

The 6200 is not the most powerful of cards, but should play Videos easily, and much better than Onboard.

Were you having any problems before you installed the card?

Just for interests sake, press CTRL ALT DEL , that will bring up the Task Manager. Go to the Processes tab and see if anything is using a lot of resources.
The System Idle (the last one) should be close to 100%. If you see one with high CPU use, let us know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back