VIDEO: Manufacturing PC ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

truffles

ello ello =),

I am trying to learn how to build a computer . . . and install the parts together . . .

I am new at this . . . well i installed many parts already: vga card, pci card, optical disk drive . . .

I hope this is not a big demand . . . but i am looking for a site . . . or a file that would teach on how to put a computer together . . . video files will be the BEST =) well . . . i am a visual learner . . .

I tried doing a search on google = "video on how to build computer" and my results were all on installing video cards =(

so . . . i am asking upon my request if anyone can help ? even a site with plain old text would be ok i guess =/

hee hee . . . i am a little tired and lazy =(

THANKS,
TRUFFLES

Hey truffles,

I don't know where you live but try and find a copy of a magazine called Maximum PC. The March 2002 issue is called Build your own PC. Lots of pictures and easy to follow steps. I don't know about video's but try your local bookstore too, I have seen some books on this. Also check if there are any computer shops in your area, like a small one, that would let you build it with them "looking" over your sholder. They might be willing to give you some pointers. One local place here even use to have a saturday class on building. The best part is you built on older stuff so you didn't ruin your new PC.

Good Luck

GOOGLE is your friend ;)

A good read at www.pcmech.com is this Build your own PC guide which included important information such as grounding yourself when working with the motherboard and pc components. And also several notes that pinpoint the failing point of many a newly built system Double-Check your work. Make sure everything is tight., referring to cables and screws ;)

Hey Truffles, there is this book about uprgrading and maintenance for PCs.

Title: The Complete PC Upgrade And Maintenance Guide
Author: Mark Minasi
Publisher: SYBEX
Price: US$59.99

Its a really good book for everyone whether you are new to pcs or an expert. There a few video guides which might be useful. Its really thick!

Originally posted by erwin1978
Just read your manuals.

Manuals are not always accurate and you can't trust them 100%. Some give misleading infos. So to be on the safe side, you need extra resources.

Originally posted by young&wild
Title: The Complete PC Upgrade And Maintenance Guide
Author: Mark Minasi
Publisher: SYBEX
Price: US$59.99
$59.99? wow...

i think the "PC upgrade" part costs sth like $5 out of that $59.99 :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back