video memory problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
:confused:

I have the NVidia GeForce MX 4000 PCI video card and I am having problems getting The Sims 2 to read the video memory. It's showing up that the video memory is 0 mb and my graphics in the game are set to either disabled, low, or doesn't light up and the game is slow and when I change the default graphics in the game it lags to the point it is unplayable.

I have updated the drivers, uninstalled the game then reinstalled it. I have asked Electronic Arts Technical Support and NVidia Technical Support and they didn't know what else to do to resolve the problem. So I am hoping someone here could maybe help me on this. All my other games work great with the GeForce. It's just The Sims 2 that is being a pain.

I was using the Radeon 9000 series and all the graphics were all enabled and everything in the in game options were set to high performance, but I thought a newer better graphics card would make the game even sweeter but instead has made the game unplayable because it won't read/pick up my video memory. Any help anyone can give me would be greatly appreciated.

Here is my system information to maybe make things easier.

System Information:
Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: ECS
System Model: M925
BIOS: Default System BIOS
Processor: Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 2.00GHz
Memory: 480MB RAM
Page File: 171MB used, 1331MB available
Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.2180 32bit Unicode

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 4000
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: GeForce4 MX 4000
DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
Display Memory: 64.0 MB DDR

Go back to the Radeon. The MX4000 is basically an MX400 with DDR RAM. The Radeon is a better card since its based on the 8500.

That's what I thought I would have to do. I have read on the board with others having problems with the Radeon's getting them to work properly with Windows XP service pack 2. I will put back in the Radeon and I'll see how it goes. Maybe everything will work out great. Thank you for helping me on this vegasgmc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back