Video Problem Help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

meestatwinkee

Hey all, heres my problem, I was installing my new video card and was disabling the old video card via --> device manager, then the message asked if i wanted to restart the comp, and i hit enter . . . which was "yes", so now I don't get a single picture when my comp boots, What do i do?

sorry bout that,

its a Dell Deminsion 2300
the old card was a Intel Extreme Video Card
and the new card is a GE Force Mx 4000
OS-is XP
i'm not quite familiar with the term MOBO though.

sorry my MOBO:

Intel Pentium Processor 1.8gHz
CHipset: 845 GL
Old V-card - Intel Integrated AGP Graphics
Slots - 4xPCI

what else is there to know?

do you have the monitor cable hooked up to the new videeo card or is it still plugged in to the onboard video port?

Hehe, well there's ur problem. Fix it into the new card and i'm sure you'll see ur familiar desktop, alive & wriggling.

disconnect the monitor cable from the onboard port ( in the back of your computer.) and plug it in to the identical port that is on the back of your video card. ( also in the back of the computer.)

hehe... it happens.. I once had a firend of mine who tried to impress his boss by installing a new video card for him. he messed with it for two days before calling me. I walked him through some trouble shooting steps. ( all of which he had allready done before). finally I asked him " you do have the monitor cable connected to the new video card and not to the onboard video port right?" this was met by dead silence, then a mumbled,,,"I'll have to get back to you later.....click" it was two weeks before he had the courage to call me and tell me he had been wrestling with the system for two days with the monitor plugged in to the wrong port. I still remind him of it every once and a while. :haha:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back