Video problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recently, I built a new pc and using the same settiings, etc., I am unable to view videos but the sound plays and the video can be burnt to DVD and plays fine on my TV. Yesterday, video played normally on my pc but today, doesn't play; only sound again. Whatever is happening comes and goes. Nothing new was downloaded or installed. Upgrading the video driver causes the Microsoft Windows loading screen to fade and freeze for about 40 seconds then darken and open normally. With not upgrading the card, there sometimes is a slight fade at the same screen of 1-2 seconds that I can see {watching for it}. The OS is XP{SP1 or SP2- SP2 did cause at the first bootup} and the card is MSI Gforce FX 5200 128 MB. I am not heavy into gaming but the ones I do see are fine as are all other graphics. Any ideas on whats happenng are appreciated. Thanks

I had a friend with the same problem, When I reformated his computer, and reinstalled Windows it worked fine. But about a year later, that Graphics card had another problem with movies, and it had to be shipped to nvidia to get a replacement. Defective...

Resol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back