Video problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am having a problem with my computer that I have been trying to solve for about a week now. Whenever I turn it on and open firefox, my internet speed is great. When I go to youtube or myspace and watch online video, the speed is again fantastic. Then at about the 3rd or 4th time I watch a video online my computer's reaction time slows down considerably and the videos all the sudden start skipping and are impossible to get through. I shut down firefox and everything I do on my computer is slower after the point.

If I shut down my computer for a couple minutes and turn it back on, I'm back to good speed again. I have tried various virus searching programs, freeing up memory (which my computer says I am only using about 10 percent of), defragmenting my hard drive.

Can anyone help? I would appreciate it a great deal :)

They are two different programs
StopSign an Antivirus/Spyware and junk remover and
CCleaner specializing in junk removal.

Also StopSign is not exactly a leading brand, actually I don't know who uses it and more importantly why?
CCleaer (a free program) is used by many users and is recognized as a small clean program. Even allowing a no install option.

I'm not going to try to work out all the ins and outs, but for a good test (just for you) Run stopSign and clean out your system of all junk, and then run CCleaner, and find out if it finds more (highly likely)

as I have led away from the subject, I have decided to ask you to try another relevant option.
Run Memtest, this will confirm that your Ram is actually not the fault. If you happen to be using another memory diagnostic program ie WinDiag then please disregard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back