Video problems with my laptop, any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jay Jay

For a few months I've been using an HP Omnibook 500 with 256mb running 98SE, I decided it would be nice to be able to watch films on it so I loaded the following codecs and software: Quick Time, DirectX 9,Media Player Classic, WMV9 VCM, Divx 3.11, Mpeg2 and XVID 1.0.3-20122004.

Everything seemed to be fine for a while but now I've been noticing serious slowdown problems and pausing that varies from slight to major with Divx/Xvid movies and especially DVD's ripped to the hard drive.

I tried using ReClock but that didn't seem to help, whenever I ran it the clock either stayed yellow or flashed between red & green for the whole film. After suspecting that perhaps the codecs are affecting the peformance of the Omnibook I removed Divx, Xvid & WMV9 VCM and then watched a ripped DVD but the problem remains. As a last ditch I'm wondering if a reinstall of 98SE would cure this or perhaps the ATI Rage Mobility chipset isn't up to the task.

If anyone has any suggestions or has experienced the same situation It would be appreciated if you could pass them my way..

Thanks,

Jay Jay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back