Video Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, i just started to build my second computer and I just finished putting everthing together. When i turn on the power button, the computer turns on fine, but then there is no video.

Comp Specs:

Memory:1 gig (2 sticks) 512 DRR1 3200 400mhz (Corsair)
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 3500+
Mobo:Asus A8N-SLI deluxe
Harddrive 1: Maxtor Sata Ultra 16 300gig's 7200 rpm's
Harddrive 2: Western Digital Sata Raptor 36 gig's 10000 rpm's
500w power supply

Video Card: ATI Radeon x800 xl 256mb gddr3 PCIe

My monitor is quite old and its max is 60hz and the video cards lowest on full resolution is 85hz, on the ATI website it said that this could be a possible problem, I was going to buy a new monitor anyway, so i will find this out tommorow, but if this isnt the only problem, what else can i do? What are some other problems that can be happening? Please respond if you can help me, Thanks.

I dont have any epirience with SLI boards but the first thing I would check would be the video settings in the bios. can the SLI feature be enabled/disabled? if it is enabled does it matter if your only using one video card?

there is a chip that you switch side to change it from duel and single video card, but i cant do anything in bios because the screen is blank

if your old monitor is only a VGA model then it isnt going to work on cards requiring SVGA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back