Video problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

jowki91

So, guess most of u have heard of or play Counter-Strike 1.6.
Well, i got a problem with counter strike :)

Well, just bought a new graphic card, NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GTS, should run counter strike 1.6 easily, but thing is, it doesn't. Well, i probly do when i get it to work properly. Can't change the video setting from "Software" to "OpenGl" Just get a little error saying

"The specified video mode is not supported.
The game will now run in software mode"

Even more funny. All other games work perfectly fine, World of warcraft (video setting on full), Battlefield 2, medal of honor: Airbourne E.t.c.

Yes, i have downloaded the latest and the correct driver for my graphic card.

Would love to hear from all you people with a little idea how i may fix this. Thanks!

I have a couple of the Nvidia 7600GS and the OGL settings are accessed from the Nvidia control panel. Is the where you are having the problem?

No, i have the problem in the game, on the options where you can choose the video settings. Can't find anything in the Nvidia control panel though, may be something there i have to change, but i can't find anything..

Run dxdiag at the start > run prompt and check that you have valid settings for the display(s) you have installed - there may be a clue in there as to why you OGL request will not respond.

Ok, thanks i will try this and post back what happens :)

Tried DXdiag, but really, i have no clue what too look for.

You're not running Vista are you? I'm not sure but I don't think Vista supports OpenGL. You have the latest video driver but do you have the latest DirectX 9.0C or DX 10 if you're using Vista?

DirectX 9.0C or DX 10

I use XP, not sure if i have the latest directX tho, i'll check, thanks for the advice!

Edit: Yeah, i got the latest DirectX

Treid to reinstall my graphic card driver, tried with the beta driver from this side, and the on you get from www.nvidia.com, but nothing seems to work.. Anyone got some more ideas for me :D?

Did a full virus scan, and a ad-aware scan, reinstalled the driver and steam again, but still not working. Btw, can it have anything to do with the "sm-Busscontrols" I see these are not installed. Not quite sure if that's what they're called on english. (Op in norwegian)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back