Video quality is poor since I reinstalled graphics card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since I reinstalled my graphics card, when watching videos the colour is all messed up. The colour is a lot whiter than usual and is almost black and white. I never had this problem before I reinstalled my graphics card and I have the latest driver for the website. The driver I had before I reinstalled my graphics card was different however I don't have that any lnger as I lost the Cd that came with the card.

The graphics card I am using is the XpertVision GeForce 5500 fx 128mb and I am using Windows 2000 professional SP4.

The last version of Forceware, I think 77.72 caused the same problem for me. 77.77 cleared it up. You can find older versions of the driver on nVidias site. You dont have to use the ones from the cd.

What kind of video are you watching?

Whenever I update my nVidia drivers it messes up my DVD picture - makes it looked solarized - to fix it I just reinstall my DVD viewing software. Have you tried reinstalling after the driver upgrade? Sometimes that can be the easiest way to get the software to recognise the new driver.

Good luck! =)

Have you tried changing the contrast setting in display properties? I know it only affects the DVDs but if the driver update doesn't work you could give it a try!

Go to the nVidia control panel, "Color Correction", "Apply Color Changes to", and in the first dropdown box below, change it from "Desktop" to "All". That fixed the problem for me. Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back