Video Upgrade Acer RC 500

Status
Not open for further replies.

taimuraly

Hey guy and gals, read some forums and found out that u all are very helpful. So I decided to post a query myself. I have an Acer RC 500 and want to upgrade the graphic card. I really don’t know if I have a pci express slot or agp, but most probably an agp slot. So I want a good AGP graphic card and it may be an ati or NVIDIA, price does not matter. The configuration of my Pc is:-
3.2 GHZ Pentium 4
512 DDR Ram
GeForce FX 5200 128 mb (came installed with the pc)

Would really like to hear from u guys, especially anyone who as the same configuration or the same branded pc. I want to be able to play games like DOOM 3, Half-lie 2, Vampires and GTA San Andres on High. Please also include the specs of your choice. Thanks (Hope not asking to much)

Greetings and welcome to TechSpot!

I'd recommend a combo of upgrades if you are into gaming.

First, I'd recommend adding another 512MB of memory to get you up to 1gig. HL2, Doom3 and most other modern games play much, much better with 1 gig of ram.

Then, depending upon your budget, I'd recommend either a 6600GT or 6800GT for NVidia, or an X800XL or X800 XT from ATI. Doom3 and OpenGL games run better on NVidia. HL2 and Direct3d games run better on ATI. Both make good quality cards with their own advantages, disadvantages.

Hit www.newegg.com if you're in the USA as they have some of the best prices plus excellent support and customer service.

Thanks a lot for your advice, I was planning to buy RAM and will do so without any hesitation. As for the graphic card, I think I’ll stick to NVIDIA and buy the 6800 Ultra or GT (whatever’s better). Once again thanks for the help, really appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back