Video Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

cslord15

I've been pretty content with my GeForce4 Ti4200 for a while, but I think it's time for an upgrade. Now I realize that my computer isn't all that recent (still has 4x AGP and single channel memory) but I want to put in a new video card. Newer games like Far Cry and Splinter Cell - Pandora Tomorrow haven't been running at playable framerates - I've had to turn resolutions and details down to the point where the game looks like crap. I want the game to look decent and run that way as well. Any suggestions on a cheap video card that'll give me a boost in performance? The rest of my specs can be found below...

how much are you willing to spend? the OEM radeon 9800 pro at www.newegg.com for around $210 is a steal. and that card is top of the line right now. so it should play all those games very well.

Yeah my budget was around $150-200 so that 9800 seems nice. I want something that'll give a substantial increase despite the 4x AGP and single channel memory... will the 9800 be worth it?

yeh, a 9800 pro will give you ALOT of a speed boost.....and dual channel memoy doesnt make a great deal of difference on Athlon XPs anyway.

Steg

go for the ATI9800 Pro, I've seen Far Cry run smooth in a system with the same cpu & ram as yours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back