Videologic ZXR-550 Speaker System

Status
Not open for further replies.

TS | Thomas

London, UK, 18th February 2003: PURE Digital - a division of Imagination Technologies - announces its ZXR-550 5.1 channel surround sound speaker system. The stylish silver ZXR-550 provides outstanding quality audio for surround sound games & movies for just £79.99 (inc. VAT UK).

The perfect partner for any 6-channel soundcard, ZXR-550 is a powerful 5.1 channel speaker system, directly descended from the outstanding ZXR-500, favoured by audio enthusiasts & system builders worldwide. The ZXR-550 provides improved usability & enhanced surround sound audio, whether bringing DVD movies to life, blasting out the latest games or immersing the listener in music. Using years of professional audio experience, gained through the development of PURE's award winning DigiTheatre, Sirocco & LiFE 4/10 ranges, this compact powerhouse has been engineered to outperform systems costing twice as much.

I deleted the email I received that in, but I couldn't find a link on PURE Digital's site to this either (Press Release or Speakers). The previous system was the ZXR-500 though.

i have a videologic digi-theatre and have just noticed that there are 6 inputs on the back of the sub, one for each speaker. any idea how i could rig it up to my audigy 2? i already have the optical going into the decoder from my pc, but i think if i got leads going from the 3 jacks on the audigy for 5.1 sound directly to the inputs on the sub, i could have 5.1 directsound gaming going on. only problem would be that i would have 2 leads going into each input on the sub (as the decoder uses these inputs already) so i need a solution that would keep the sound clean while splitting each input into 2 inputs :) sounds like fun if i can get it to work, if i cant ill end up buying the speakers mentioned on the site.

nice site btw, its one of the few websites i check on every day.

What sort of Digi-Theatre is it? Far as I'm aware the Digi-Theatre's only offer 1 analog input & as such are poor for gaming bar with a nForce

its the old digitheatre, no longer advertised on the videologic site but exaclt the same as the non-dts one. the inputs im refering to are on the subwoofer.

there is a thick several pinned cable that goes from the decoder to the subwoofer to carry the sound. this cable splits into a 6 phono lead at the sub-end, to attach to the 6 inputs for the sound channels.

i think it'll work, ill let you know if it does :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back