Videos Play Weird in Certain Programs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recently I have found a weird problem when I play DVDs or Mpegs with my computer.

I play something and the sound is perfect, but the video is wonky. Like it is in slow mo. Skips every two seconds or something. It is odd. I tried various DVDs and files, all the same.

Now here is where it gets weird again, I tried it in different programs. Originally I was using PowerDVD, so I tried Windows Media Player...same thing. But then I tried it in WinDVD and it plays beautifully.

So now I am really confused. I mean I am happy that I can play them somewhere, but I really liked PowerDVD and would like to be able to use it again.

I just don't understand what is going on, so any kind of help would be appreciated. :)

Welcome to TechSpot

Help would be easier to give if you'd tell a bit about your computer, particularly which graphics card it has.

PowerDVD has an option "hardware acceleration" for video, have you tried changing it?

Did this start after you changed something, like updated driver / software?

Sorry.

I have a Laptop. Toshiba...about a year and half old. I haven't ever changed anything. I tried looking to see what video card I had, but I am not entirely sure if this is it. I don't know much about video cards to be honest. So if Trident CyberALADDIN-P4 is not my video card, how do I find out what I have?

I tried thinking of recent things I changed, I have not installed any drivers. The biggest thing I did was install Symantec Virus Protection. It is the corporate edition. I also added a Western Digital external hardrive. The bad thing is that I haven't run the DVD software in a few weeks, so it is hard to pinpoint when this started to occur.

I did not know about the harware acceleration thing in PowerDVD I will go check it. Except would that effect Windows Media Player too? That is where I get confused.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back