Viewpoint Removal,help please

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi guys,

First post here. Just found out I have a Viewpoint thing messin w/ my computer. Read some other treads and tried to clean it myself, but it popped right back.
So,I attached latest HJT logfile ,please help.
many many thanks in advance

btw, my F-Prot tells me it's "possibly a new variant of w32/newMalware-LSU-based/Maximus

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

You might want to copy and paste these instructions into a notepad file. Then you can have the file open in safe mode, so you can follow the instructions easier.

Boot into safe mode, under your normal user name(NOT THE ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT). See how HERE.

In Windows Explorer, turn on "Show all files and folders, including hidden and system". See how HERE.

Go to add remove programmes in your control panel and uninstall anything to do with(if there).

Viewpoint
viewpoint toolbar
FlashGet

Close control panel.

Run HJT with no other programmes open(except notepad). Click the scan button. Have HJT fix the following, by placing a tick in the little box next to(if there).

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {7E853D72-626A-48EC-A868-BA8D5E23E045} - (no file)

O2 - BHO: IeCatch2 Class - {A5366673-E8CA-11D3-9CD9-0090271D075B} - C:\PROGRA~1\FlashGet\jccatch.dll

O2 - BHO: Viewpoint Toolbar BHO - {A7327C09-B521-4EDB-8509-7D2660C9EC98} - C:\Program Files\Viewpoint\Viewpoint Toolbar\3.8.0\ViewBarBHO.dll (file missing)

O3 - Toolbar: Viewpoint Toolbar - {F8AD5AA5-D966-4667-9DAF-2561D68B2012} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Viewpoint\Toolbar Runtime\3.8.0\IEViewBar.dll

O8 - Extra context menu item: Download All by FlashGet - C:\Program Files\FlashGet\jc_all.htm

O8 - Extra context menu item: Download using FlashGet - C:\Program Files\FlashGet\jc_link.htm

Click on the fix checked button.

Close HJT.

Locate and delete the following bold files and/or directories(if there).

C:\Program Files\FlashGet<Delete the entire folder.
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Viewpoint<Delete the entire folder.
C:\Program Files\Viewpoint<Delete the entire folder.

Reboot into normal mode and rehide your protected OS files.

Go to your control panel and double click the Java applet. Click the update tab and click update now. Once you have installed the latest version of Java, uninstall all previous versions from add remove programmes.

Post a fresh HJT log.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of BooBooBee only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Hi Howard

Thanks for the ( extremely ) quick answer.
Did as told,had only 1 issue : when I attempted to erase C:\Program Files\Common Files\Viewpoint folder, got a "cannot delete FotomatShellExt.dll: Access Denied" message. Erased everything else in the folder,but couldn't get rid of that though..
Here is fresh HJT log

Your HJT log is clean.

As regards the FotomatShellExt.dll error, please do the following.

Download the Pocket Killbox programme from HERE.

Run the killbox.exe file. When it loads type the full path to the file you would like to delete in the field and check the delete file on reboot button. press the Delete File button (looks like a red circle with a white X). It will prompt you to reboot, select no until you have finished inputting the files you want to delete, only then allow it to reboot and hopefully your files will now be deleted. If your computer doesn`t automatically restart, restart it manually.

Enter the full file path to the FotomatShellExt.dll file.

Once your system has rebooted, let me know the results.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of BooBooBee only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back